In partnership with Police Chief William Scott, CPSC is working with the police department, city and community leaders to strengthen their violence reduction efforts, under the umbrella of the Violence Reduction Initiative (VRI). This includes:
- Analyzing the local violence problem in San Francisco to guide more focused and effective violence reduction efforts.
- Supporting SFPD to reorganizing the police department’s investigation units that focus on violence
- Enhancing coordination between police and community intervention partners.
- Developing new evidence-based approaches to engaging the highest-risk community members
- Developing policies and practices that strengthen trust between the police and the community.